Is your skin breaking out during certain times of the month? If so, chances are this is due to a hormonal imbalance! Here are some easy ways to love your skin and to balance out those hormones.
My FAV Skin-Loving Foods:
- Avocados Organic berries (blueberries, strawberries)
- Nuts & seeds
- Conclusion: Think lots of healthy fats and omega 3’s, little-to-no added sugars or caffeine, and LOTS of water.
- For a boost, add fresh lemon to your water!
- Make sure you are using organic, non-toxic skincare!
- A few of my favorite brands are:
- Vitex berry
- Vitamin C
- MDacne skin-clearing vegan supplement
- STRESS LESS!
- Do yoga and other forms of restorative movement
- Talk to yourself kindly
- EAT - do not deprive your body of nourishment!
- Soak in a CBD epsom salt bath
For an extra deep clean, I get hydrafacials from Viva Day Spa. What is a hydrafacial?
- It’s a non-laser skin resurfacing facial treatment that cleanses, exfoliates, peels, extracts, and hydrates your skin, leaving you with healthier, more nourished skin.
- How it works: A combo of water, antioxidants and skin nourishers are vortex-infused into the skin, while toxins and impurities are simultaneously removed. The 3-step treatment is only 30 minutes and offers instant results, with no downtime or irritation. Plus, it’s effective for all skin types.
I try my best to pamper myself at the spa at least once a month. Since having just moved to Austin, I knew I needed to find myself a new spa! I was recommended by a girl friend of mine, who is also a wellness blogger, to check out Viva Day Spa + Med Spa. With everything going on in and outside of my inner world, I needed some TLC in the form of skin care. I don’t know about y’all, but my skin has NOT been liking the stress that myself, and all of us, have been put under with everything going on in our world. My stress has created a downward spiral of negative effects that has consequently impacted my liver - and stress on the liver shows on our skin!
Also, wearing masks don’t help in maintaining clear skin…do they?🤣
So, I went in to the Viva Day Spa located at the Domain (they have three locations in Austin) and I immediately felt at ease. The spa was beautiful and the team was incredibly friendly. Most importantly, they have very comprehensive Covid-19 safety measures in place so you can relax with confidence. I was quickly greeted by my darling esthetician, Dara.
How my skin felt/looked immediately afterwards: Silky smooth and radiant.
How my skin looked 3 days after: Radiant, firm, a few breakouts (this is normal when our skin is detoxing all the toxins!)
How my skin looked 5 days after: Radiant, firm, and clear as HECK!
Would I recommend you to get a facial, even if you don’t have acne (like myself): YESS!!! Clear skin does not mean healthy skin. Due to our internal (think stress) and external environment (think pollution), our pores get clogged with gunk whether we see it or not. We need to take care of our skin as to prevent acne, wrinkles, and skin cancer!
If you live in Austin, or are visiting Austin, I highly recommend you treat your beautiful self to a service at Viva Day Spa + Med Spa!